Who can resist everyone’s favorite orphan, Annie! Well- now she’ll be live on the BLP stage along with a host of other wonderful characters singing the beloved songs from the musical masterpiece..
Based on the popular comic strip and adapted from the Tony Award-winning Best Musical, with a beloved book and score by Tony Award winners, Thomas Meehan, Charles Strouse and Martin Charnin, Annie JR. features everyone’s favorite little redhead in her very first adventure.
With equal measures of pluck and positivity, little orphan Annie charms everyone’s hearts despite a next-to-nothing start in 1930s New York City. Annie is determined to find the parents who abandoned her years ago on the doorstep of an orphanage run by the cruel Miss Hannigan. Annie eventually foils Miss Hannigan’s evil machinations, finding a new home and family in billionaire Oliver Warbucks, his personal secretary, Grace Farrell, and a lovable mutt named Sandy.
Our youth production will teach the theatrical process through production. This program will culminate in a production of the wonderful and remarkable musical comedy ‘Annie Jr’. This program will be open to students currently in grades 4-10 as of September ‘20.
|Tuition||$250- Full Participation
$125- Online Only Option
|Ages||Students currently in grades 4-10|
|Auditions||All virtual auditions are due by September 7th|
|Rehearsals||Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6p-9:30p|
|Location||First United Methodist Church of Melrose 645 Main St, Melrose|
SOME CHANGES TO OUR YOUTH PROGRAMMING:
- Our high school/ college productions are being creatively designed to adhere to social distancing with masks worn. We are restructuring how we normally do things with our students, but promise a theatrical and educational experience that will be fun and challenging for all.
- This show has been specifically chosen because of Our ability to design an experience that will be meaningful but safe.
- Music rehearsals will be conducted via Zoom and will be an at home experience with students recording their vocals to tracks.
- We will be following BLP’s new safety protocols (attached here)
- We are currently capping each program at 15 students. Once a program reaches capacity, we will maintain a waiting list.
- The “online only” option is for students who do not want to be in person for rehearsals, but would still like to join in the fun. They would be able to join us for all Zoom music rehearsals and submit recordings of their vocals on an ensemble track which would be featured in the production.
- For this production instead of a livestream via Zoom, we will film the show on October 19th and then release within the week (we will finalize and publicize details)- Once released it will be available for 48 hours.