|Tuition||$300- Full Participation $145- Online Only Option|
|Ages||Grades 5 through 12|
|Auditions||All virtual auditions are due by November 3rd|
|Rehearsals||Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings with some from 6p-9:30p (Full Calendar available below)|
|Location||First United Methodist Church of Melrose 645 Main St, Melrose|
BLP is thrilled to bring the magic of Beauty & The Beast JR. to our stage in spectacular fashion. Step into the enchanted world of Broadway’s modern classic, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast JR, based on the international sensation that played a remarkable 13-year run on Broadway and has been produced in 37 countries worldwide. Based on the Academy Award-winning animated feature, the stage version includes all of the wonderful songs written by Alan Menken and the late Howard Ashman, along with new songs by Mr. Menken and Tim Rice. The original Broadway production ran for over thirteen years and was nominated for nine Tony Awards, including Best Musical.
The classic story tells of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped under the spell of an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed into his former self. But time is running out. If the Beast does not learn his lesson soon, he and his household will be doomed for all eternity.
This “tale as old as time” is filled with spectacular costume and set opportunities or, even more simply staged, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast offers a great opportunity to bring your entire community together for family theatre at its best.
Our fall programming will teach the theatrical process through production. This program will culminate in a production of the magical and beloved musical comedy ‘Beauty & The Beast JR’. This program will be open to students in grades 5 through Seniors in high school as of September ‘20.
SOME CHANGES TO OUR PROGRAMMING:
- Our productions are being creatively designed to adhere to social distancing with masks worn. We are restructuring how we normally do things with our students, but promise a theatrical and educational experience that will be fun and challenging for all.
- This show has been specifically chosen because of Our ability to design an experience that will be meaningful but safe.
- Music rehearsals will be conducted via Zoom and will be an at home experience with students recording their vocals to tracks.
- We will be following BLP’s new safety protocols (attached here)
- We are currently capping each program at 17 students. Once a program reaches capacity, we will maintain a waiting list. If the waiting list is above ten studnets we will add a second cast
- The “online only” option is for students who do not want to be in person for rehearsals, but would still like to join in the fun. They would be able to join us for all Zoom music rehearsals and submit recordings of their vocals on an ensemble track which would be featured in the production.
- For this production instead of a livestream via Zoom, we will film the show on January 16th and then release within the week (we will finalize and publicize details)- Once released it will be available for 48 hours.