Based on the legendary, multi-award-winning, musical comedy classic about rolling the dice and falling in love under the lights of Broadway.
Guys and Dolls JR. is an adaptation of the show considered by many to be the perfect musical comedy. Its namesake ran for 1,200 performances when it opened on Broadway in 1950, and won numerous Tony Awards, including Best Musical. Frank Loesser’s brassy, immortal score and witty book makes Guys and Dolls JR. a perennial crowd pleaser.
Set in Damon Runyon’s New York City, Guys and Dolls JR. follows gambler, Nathan Detroit, as he tries to find the cash to set up the biggest crap game in town while the authorities breathe down his neck. Meanwhile, his girlfriend and nightclub performer, Adelaide, laments that they’ve been engaged for fourteen years without ever getting married. Nathan turns to fellow gambler, Sky Masterson, for the dough, but Sky ends up chasing the straight-laced missionary, Sarah Brown. Guys and Dolls JR. takes us from the heart of Times Square to the cafes of Havana, but everyone eventually ends up right where they belong.
|Tuition||$250- Full Participation
$125- Online Only Option
|Ages||14 through 20|
|Auditions||All virtual auditions are due by September 7th|
|Rehearsals||Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6p-9:30p|
|Location||First United Methodist Church of Melrose 645 Main St, Melrose|
SOME CHANGES TO OUR HIGH SCHOOL/ COLLEGE PROGRAMMING:
- Our high school/ college productions are being creatively designed to adhere to social distancing with masks worn. We are restructuring how we normally do things with our students, but promise a theatrical and educational experience that will be fun and challenging for all.
- This show has been specifically chosen because of Our ability to design an experience that will be meaningful but safe.
- Music rehearsals will be conducted via Zoom and will be an at home experience with students recording their vocals to tracks.
- We will be following BLP’s new safety protocols (attached here)
- We are currently capping each program at 15 students. Once a program reaches capacity, we will maintain a waiting list.
- The “online only” option is for students who do not want to be in person for rehearsals, but would still like to join in the fun. They would be able to join us for all Zoom music rehearsals and submit recordings of their vocals on an ensemble track which would be featured in the production.
- For this production instead of a livestream via Zoom, we will film the show on October 24th and then release within the week (we will finalize and publicize details)- Once released it will be available for 48 hours.