Come join our BLP Spring 2021 youth program to tell the miraculous story of Matilda Wormwood. This musical brings the Rhoald Dahl classic to vivid life with amazing music, nonstop magic and so much fun!
|Tuition||$300- Full Participation $145- Online Only Option|
Limited scholarships are available, see form below
|Ages||Grades 5 through 11|
|Auditions||All virtual auditions are due by March 7th|
|Rehearsals||Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 6p-9:00p |
(Full Calendar available below)
|Location||First United Methodist Church of Melrose 645 Main St, Melrose|
BLP is thrilled to bring the magic of ‘Matilda JR.’ to our stage, a gleefully witty ode to the the anarchy of childhood and the power of imagination! This story of a girl who dreams of a better life and the children she inspires will have audiences rooting for the “revolting children” who are out to teach the grown-ups a lesson.
Matilda has astonishing wit, intelligence… and special powers! She’s unloved by her cruel parents but impresses her schoolteacher, the highly loveable Miss Honey. Matilda’s school life isn’t completely smooth sailing, however – the school’s mean headmistress, Miss Trunchbull, hates children and just loves thinking up new punishments for those who don’t abide by her rules. But Matilda has courage and cleverness in equal amounts, and could be the school pupils’ saving grace!
Packed with high-energy dance numbers and catchy songs, Matilda JR. is a joyous girl power romp. Children and adults alike will be thrilled and delighted by the story of the special little girl with an extraordinary imagination.
Our spring programming will teach the theatrical process through production. This program will culminate in a production of the musical comedy ‘Matilda JR’. This program will be open to students in grades 5 through grade 11 as of September ‘20.
SOME CHANGES TO OUR PROGRAMMING:
- Our productions are being creatively designed to adhere to social distancing with masks worn. We are restructuring how we normally do things with our students, but promise a theatrical and educational experience that will be fun and challenging for all.
- This show has been specifically chosen because of Our ability to design an experience that will be meaningful but safe.
- Music rehearsals will be conducted via Zoom and will be an at home experience with students recording their vocals to tracks.
- We will be following BLP’s new safety protocols (attached here)
- We are currently capping each program at 17 students. Once a program reaches capacity, we will maintain a waiting list. If the waiting list is above ten studnets we will add a second cast
- The “online only” option is for students who do not want to be in person for rehearsals, but would still like to join in the fun. They would be able to join us for all Zoom music rehearsals and submit recordings of their vocals on an ensemble track which would be featured in the production.