Come join our BLP Spring 2021 youth program to take you back to the 80’s. This hysterical musical brings the film classic to life with amazing music, big hair and so much fun!
|Tuition||$300- Full Participation $145- Online Only Option|
Limited scholarships are available, see form below
|Ages||Grades 8 through 12|
|Auditions||All virtual auditions are due by February 27th|
|Rehearsals||Monday and Thursday evenings from 6p-9:30p |
(Full Calendar available below)
|Location||First United Methodist Church of Melrose 645 Main St, Melrose|
The Wedding Singertakes us back to a time when hair was big, greed was good, collars were up and a wedding singer might just be the coolest guy in the room. Based on the hit Adam Sandler movie, The Wedding Singer’s sparkling new score does for the ’80s what Hairspray did for the ’60s. Just say yes to the most romantic musical in twenty years.
It’s 1985, and rock star wannabe, Robbie Hart, is New Jersey’s favorite wedding singer. He’s the life of the party until his own fiancée leaves him at the altar. Shot through the heart, Robbie makes every wedding as disastrous as his own. Enter Julia, a winsome waitress who wins his affection. As luck would have it, Julia is about to be married to a Wall Street shark, and, unless Robbie can pull off the performance of a decade, the girl of his dreams will be gone forever.
The Wedding Singer features a large chorus with many featured roles for actors who sing, and dancers who act. This show works perfectly as a high school’s featured musical or as the highlight of any regional season.
Our spring programming will teach the theatrical process through production. This program will culminate in a production of the musical comedy ‘The Wedding Singer’. This program will be open to students in grades 8 through grade 12 in high school as of September ‘20.
SOME CHANGES TO OUR PROGRAMMING:
- Our productions are being creatively designed to adhere to social distancing with masks worn. We are restructuring how we normally do things with our students, but promise a theatrical and educational experience that will be fun and challenging for all.
- This show has been specifically chosen because of Our ability to design an experience that will be meaningful but safe.
- Music rehearsals will be conducted via Zoom and will be an at home experience with students recording their vocals to tracks.
- We will be following BLP’s new safety protocols (attached here)
- We are currently capping each program at 17 students. Once a program reaches capacity, we will maintain a waiting list. If the waiting list is above ten studnets we will add a second cast
- The “online only” option is for students who do not want to be in person for rehearsals, but would still like to join in the fun. They would be able to join us for all Zoom music rehearsals and submit recordings of their vocals on an ensemble track which would be featured in the production.